Yoga Breathing Techniques & Benefits
Powerful Ancient Yoga Breathing Techniques
1. Breathe of Fire –(Kapal Bhati Pranayam)
Start with 1-2 minute and build to 5 minutes a day on an empty stomach /2 hours after eating Method:
- Emphasis is breathing out deeply through the nose ( like blowing your nose )
- As you breathe out the stomach will contract out / draw in wards automatically
- The Exhalation will create a vacuum
- Internal organs like Liver , kidneys get massaged & exercised
- Strengthen the immunity system
- Regulate weight
- Helps to get rid of negative stress
-Not suitable for pregnant women or after surgery. If you have high blood pressure please do it gently
2. Alternate Nostril Breathing (Anulom Vilom ) Start with 2 minutes a day
- Take your right thumb and place it on your right nostril and breathe in from your left nostril
- Take your third finger and place it on your left nostril and breathe out from your right nostril.
- Then breathe back from your right nostril and hold right nostril and breathe out from your left nostril.
- Continue to breathe in and out of the same side.
Feel as if you are taking in Positive energy and energising each cell
- Body becomes healthy and strong by taking in good energy
- Balances left and right brain
- Helps with sinus problems & calms the mind
- Effective in blood flow to heart and gives one a positive attitude